Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fabrics and Chair cover

I made this cover out of some fleece Mom was going to give away. Adds a little color (and comfort) to my craft room chair.



I've wanted to get some Sari fabric for a long time, and when I got a gift card for Joann's for my birthday, I decided I would get some. When I went to the normal priced Sari fabric section, I found this gorgeous Robin's Egg Blue fabric and sheer. But it was $10 a yard (plus 30% off which still makes it $7 a yard). And I was thinking I would get 2 yards of each which would be $28, which would take all of my gift card and then some. While walking around and debating, I found this grape colored sheer in the clearance section. I really liked it as well, so I figured I would get the $2 a yard sheer plus $7 a yard fabric.
Well, none of the $7 a yard fabrics matched the $2 sheer. So I went back to the clearance section... and after some digging, found the matching fabric. So I got my much-wanted sari fabric...for $8. Not bad! The lighting is bad in thesez pictures, but it is kind of a dark grape color.









Then I got this skirt panel, which makes a really pretty circle skirt. I made it this morning. It was $1.50, plus a couple dollars for a zipper. (And I put the zipper in all by myself, without even the help of a seam ripper!) They had another skirt panel for $1.50 as well, but it was a hideous lime green, hot pink, black and turquoise paisley print. So I passed on that one.





4 comments:

Mom said...

All of the fabric colors are especially becoming for you. You are really doing well to make all the things you do.

momawake said...

And no help from mom either.

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

What pattern are you planning to use for your sari fabric?

Fossigrym

Amy said...

Fossigrym ~ I haven't decided for positive what pattern, but if I end up doing a skirt, I'm going to use the same pattern I used for my denim skirt, though it is a on the bias pattern, which I wouldn't cut it on the bias, so I'm not sure if I'm going to do that or not. I also have to figure out how to incorporate the sheer into it. The pattern is McCall's 4258.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin