Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lucy's Jumper

I was watching the season 4 episode of I Love Lucy - "Lucy Visits Grauman's" on Youtube, and I fell in love with this jumper that Lucy was wearing in the 2nd scene. It looks like it's made out of wool or something, and it has some delightful little details...buttons, tabs, pleats, pockets, a belt, the works. I took some screenshots, but they aren't great since I did this on Youtube and they are Black and White.

Full-view of the front:




Side:


Closeups of the front:




A not-very-good view of the back (there is a pleat, or a hidden slit or something in the center back)


I'd love to have a jumper like that.

4 comments:

Mom said...

You will probably need to design your own pattern or try to find a "retro" pattern. I doubt you will find one in a current pattern book. I also doubt you would find anything close in a clothing store.

Mom said...

Take a look at . They have jumpers that a belt could be added to, and they might even be able to replicate the picture you have.

Mom said...

I don't know why my comment left out the web address. It is liliesapparel.com.

Mom to Anyone said...

Not sure what to enjoy most - the jumper of the comedienne! =) Indeed, you just gotta love Lucy. Let me know if you manage to construct the jumper.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin