Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sewing Days [Babysitting Bag]

To get into more cheerful territory than my last rant post...yesterday (January 17th) I decreed was a sewing day. It turned out to be the perfect day for it...dark, dreary, and eventually quite windy. I had several bags I had cut out over the past year or more and they needed to be sewn. I got 3 of the 4 (possibly 5) I wanted to get done but I will do more today.
This is the first one I totally finished, straps and all. I call it my babysitting bag, because the little girl I babysit loves farm animals and I need a bag I can just call my babysitting bag and nothing more.

Full on

Fabric Closeup

Inside. I had 2 pockets cut out but they were just too much work so I only put one in.
I also put a lightweight cardboard bottom in it in addition to the already interfaced sides since I normally bring math and/or science along to babysitting to work on before she gets up from her nap.

End tabs on the pockets, underside. (This is the lining fabric; I liked it better than the outside but generally speaking the rule of thumb is to put a large print on the outside and the small print on the inside. So I stayed inside the box. ;)

End tabs on the straps, underside.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin