Friday, October 2, 2009

My Formal Dress

I think everyone who reads my blog is also my friend on Facebook, therefore they know the torture I have been going through making my own formal dress for the homeschool harvest ball.
Well, after many tears, pinpricks and shouting, it is finally done.





The bodice has princess seams, and the skirt is an A-line skirt. I was originally using Simplicity 2886, but suffice it to say that the bodice didn't turn out very well, so I adapted a bodice from a medieval dress pattern I have that has princess seams. I added an underskirt with the little can-can/ruffle at the bottom.
It is a little bit tight, around the under-arms/back, and the neck is a little bit droopy, but I think it will be alright for wearing for three hours at the ball. :-)

3 comments:

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

Woohoo! Rasberry and brown! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

oh I really like it!!! Glad you finally got it finished...even if it was a painful process! :)

Mom said...

It came out beautifully! Aren't you pleased - and relieved?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin