Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sewing is for the dolls!

First, I made these dresses for the Faith and Friends dolls. A lady on one of our doll message boards was asking if anyone knew where to find clothes for them, and I have created patterns for them since I too wanted more clothes for them than the one outfit they come with, so I volunteered to make her some. I made her five dresses, a nightgown, an apron, and a skirt/blouse set.



This one is based on Felicity's Rose Garden gown, because the lady I'm making the outfit for said that was one of her favorite American Girl outfits. The apron is a pre-pleated off white trim.


Nightgown:


Blue colonial-style dress:


Blue gingham and floral:


~~~~

Next, a Valentine's Day Ball gown:
It didn't turn out quite like I expected and wanted it to, but being as how I only used a pattern for the bodice (I winged the rest of it), it doesn't look bad. :-)







3 comments:

Mom said...

All very nice!

Mom to Anyone said...

You did a great job! Is this a money making venture too?

Elinor Dashwood/Melanie said...

Beautiful work, Amy! They're all lovely!

I have seen the Faith & Friends dolls advertised for and thought it would be fun to get one and design clothes for them! :-) Yours turned out great! :-D

~Melanie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin