Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The things I regret about Hawaii



I do not know why this picture is sideways. It does that every time I upload it to Blogger. It shows up fine on my computer.



In 2007, we (Dad, Mom, Granddad, Grandma, Uncle Mike, Aunt Amy, and myself) went to Hawaii. Looking back now, I can clearly see my 12-year-old self did not appreciate it. Is it wrong to be jealous of...yourself? Your past self, to be more specific. I really wish I had been able to understand and absorb it better when we went. Who knows if we go again.
Now, a list of the things I regret about when we went to Hawaii. Some of them are little silly things, like #3, but some of them are more important things.

1. That I had taken more pictures. Dad and Mom did most of the photography, and I really wish I had done more of it.
2. That I had taken my American Girl doll I brought out onto the beach and taken pictures of her. Beaches are the best places ever to take pictures of dolls because you can get their feet down into the sand so they don't fall over. But I was too nervous that someone would see me and laugh so I didn't. I really regret this.
3. That my hair had not had a big knot in it. I know that sounds silly, but I really would have enjoyed wearing my hair down if it hadn't been for the nice big rat's nest smack dab in the back.
4. That I had felt better. I didn't tell anyone, but I honestly did not feel very good half of the time. I think it was mainly brought on by jet lag. I slept a good deal of the time, which is very strange for me. When we go on vacation to "normal" places, I have so much adrenlaine from the excitement, I can run on that practically all day even with little sleep.
5. That I had sat out on the beach more. I did for a little bit here and there, but not for very long. The crabs kind of freaked me out. Now, it sounds very nice, sitting out there watching the waves and just absorbing it all.
6. That I had tried poi at the luau. Everyone says it's gross, but I would have liked to try it just to say I did.

Those are just a few. I have more. :-/

2 comments:

momawake said...

You'll have to try to get back there someday, stay for a couple weeks and just soak it all up.

Mom said...

Start saving your money!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin