Mom hurridely came and got me and told me I needed to watch something. I reminded her I had been banned from the TV, but she said that didn't matter. I needed to know this.
I went, and I watched. I didn't exactly understand it, but I knew something very bad had happened and I knew lots of people were going to die, and had died. Every night for about 2 weeks probably I prayed for the people who were still in the rubble, for the families of the people who had died, and...for the people who had done the bad thing.
Part of me wishes that I could've been older then and understood it better, and part of me is glad that I wasn't because I'm glad I could kind of observe it from a child's perspective.
Lamentations 3:20-23
I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.

2 comments:
Amy, your last two posts tell me that you are growing up . . . thank you for sharing your thoughts and memories. I really enjoyed reading it.
I too remember 9-11. We normally would not have seen what was going on but we were at my Uncle's house and my cousin came running in yelling, "Turn on the TV! We are under attack!" He'd heard it on the news on the way there. The horrifying images I saw that day will not probably ever fade from my memory until I'm too old to remember any thing.
I agree, you're growing up. :)
9/11 is something we'll never forget.
Post a Comment