We got to Lancaster/Manheim, PA Friday evening. After getting the luggage and whatnot into the hotel, we went out to dinner with the Gothards. Then Mr. and Mrs. Gothard went to the concert at the Renaissance Fairgrounds, Mom went to relax in our hotel room, and the Gothards and I went to the pool for a ltitle bit, then came back and played cards till about 10pm.
Saturday morning, we got up and got to the fairgrounds about 11:30. After getting thoroughly confused trying to read the map, we finally made it to the Gothards' stage, and got to see a little less than the last half of Irish Blessing's first set.
Then Mom and I walked around for a little bit, I got a celtic knot ring I've been wanting and came back just in time for the Gothards' first show. There weren't any seats left so we stood until some people left and then we sat down.
The rest of the day was spent walking around, watching the Gothards' other two shows and stuff like that. Nothing too exciting.
After the Gothards' last show of the day...
... it was time for the Ceilidh. Since they didn't know exactly what they were doing, they hurried (ran) to the big stage where the Ceilidh was being held. (In case anyone is wondering, Ceilidh is gaelic for party...and the 'dh' on the end indicates it is a music party.) I tagged along, carrying a bodhran. After realizing that there was plenty of time, we sat backstage for a little bit, then went outside and sat/stood around the fountain until it was time for them to go in. Eventually Mr. Gothard and I made it back out to the front of the Ceilidh and watched. Mom and Mrs. Gothard showed up a little while ago with a lot of the instruments and suitcases and stuff after discovering that they were going to lock up the backstage area and they had to get everything they could carry out of there...now.
After the ceilidh was over, we headed back to our cars, and met at a 24 hour diner for a late supper. It was a little after midnight by the time we got back to the hotel. I was in bed by 12:30 and asleep by 12:31. :-)

1 comment:
I really enjoy getting to see and read about your adventures.
Post a Comment