So Monday Morning, after about six hours of sleep, I was up at 7, and discovered that a combination of the rampant cigarette smoke and the cool night air at the ceilidh had made my cold worse, so I had to deal with a slight sore throat and stuffy nose all day. Which wasn't fun, but I muddled through, sounding somewhat like a pig at times when I talked. Anyway...I met the Gothards down in the hotel lobby. We had breakfast at the next door restaurant...

(Solana and I at breakfast...you can tell I'm tired...)
...and then handed for the fairgrounds. We were slightly worried they might have some trouble getting me in since I didn't have a security ID and might not be able to get in the Fling early, but there ended up being no security guards or workers by the back gate and we had no trouble.

Filming part of the video in a scenic locale.
Mom didn't want to get up that early so she came later around when the Fling officially opened. Somewhere after the Fling opened I went and and "snuck" out the front gate and came back in the "right" way, getting my ticket checked and my hand stamped, since I had pretty much come in 'illegally' earlier in the morning.
Then we (Greta and Solana came with me) headed back to their stage to watch Irish Blessing's first show and the Gothards got ready for their first show.
(First Show)
For their 2nd show of the day, Mr. Gothard asked me if I wanted to film the whole show with their other camera, from a different angle, while Mrs. Gothard operated their other camera. So this picture was taken by Mom.
(Second Show)
(Irish Blessing's last show)
Their last show I didn't get any pictures, except one slightly blurry one of Greta. After their last show, we helped with getting sound equipment, instruments, and everything else put away. Then we headed up to the Ceilidh area with the Gothards. Since they were better prepared for what to expect tonight, we weren't in too much of a stressful rush. We waited by the fountain with them again, and then went and claimed seats in the grass afterwards. The Ceilidh was fun, though by that time, I was beginning to feel more sick with the stuffy nose, still rampant cigarette smoke, night air AGAIN and being very tired compounding everything. I was okay, just kind of annoyed that I couldn't be feeling completely up to par for the event.
Afterwards, we waited around a little bit while the Gothards got all their Ceilidh affairs wrapped up, and then Mom discovered I was missing my lens caps for my camera. My first thought was that I had left them in the backstage area at the Gothards' stage. So we went back there with them, and after we couldn't find them, we hurridely ran back to the Ceilidh stage, and found them right where we had been sitting. Then we headed out and met again at the 24 hour diner for dinner. Then we headed back to the hotel to our rooms and promptly fell fast asleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment