Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ye Grande Olde Flood

To start off, I do not ever remember a time that we and the surrounding area have been flooded this much. This is pretty amazing. I actually didn't get pictures of Medina, but suffice it to say when we driving home from in town, just about every yard and every field we passed looked like our pond. I was babysitting in Medina during the storm. In 20 minutes, we got about 2 inches of rain plus hail. It thundered, rained, lightening-ed, and finally hailed. It was dark as midnight...really scary! And the 2-year-old I was babysitting was less scared than I was! :-P

The end of our street/neighbor's yard:





The pond was up and over. The water runs off a dip down to the ditch.







Amy

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for posting pictures. Hope you all can stay out of it so the cars are not damaged.

momawake said...

You've been busy blogging. Sorry I missed it. :)

Amy said...

I guess I should clarify which I forgot to do...this was last week. We're still getting rain, but the whole town doesn't look like a river anymore.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin